Tuesday 11 November 2014

The current status

What have I done about it so far

Rest, stopped cycling with the club, stopped solo rides on my road bike. Limited walking no other exercises.

Getting to work I have to travel around a mile or so, usually I ride my bike, swapped to mountain bike for low gears, not sure if this still causes issues.

Walking was worse for it than biking in my experience still not sure the biking doesn't aggravate it

Ice, Iced swelling, swelling seems to have stopped happening so much and if it does it's small and goes down really quickly, this is in the last week or so. Can be quite hard tell if it's swelling or just fat/skin around knee, no real warmth

Therapy, visited sports therapist have done maybe 8 or so sessions

So far we have done, massage, muscle releases and range of motion stuff, working to trying to rebuild quad muscles, working on hips and general lower body

Current symptoms/issues

Knee becomes stiff after standing still for a period of time, washing dishes etc, afterward walking is uncomfortable in the initial pickup stage.

Warmish pain in PT when leg in certain positions, this seems quite random comes on over a few seconds ie gets ramps up and then goes, seems to mainly radiating from the interior of the lower part of ligament.

This happens in the mornings if I lie on my side with my legs slightly bent, pain subsides if leg is straightened or sometimes if I change position or rub area. Have taken to sleeping on back to avoid this pain.

Earlier this pain was very severe, it seems to go and come over the weeks.

Today for instance sitting normally is leading to the pain.

Pain/tightness in PT when I try to engage quads, this seems to get better slowly and after massage sessions sometimes I can engage and it's not so bad.

Unable to lift straight leg without pain/tightness this is a no go area atm

Descending stairs unable to put weight on maximally bent leg (eccentric) smaller stairs are okay and if I support myself with rail.

Left leg also has developed/aggravated existing issues probably because of more work.





No comments:

Post a Comment